Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ramblings

So, I took a little break from writing, and am happy to report that the beach/pool/shopping bag made of Wal-mart bags has been completed and can be viewed at my Artfire studio. Yippee!


Over the past few days, I have learned the following from my kiddos:
  • There is such a thing as "short-sleeved" pants. Otherwise known to the rest of the English-speaking world as "shorts".

  • I am a "mean mommy". I take this as a compliment. I make them brush their teeth.

  • I tell my kids - "Wait til you have kids!" This is eerily familiar... Oh wait, my parents used to tell me that!

  • I learned that I'm a "police mom". Apparently, that means I catch people, i.e., children, when they don't do what they're supposed to do.

I also had been trying to figure out what to make out of our old vhs tapes. I finally had the lightbulb go off over my head, and decided to try my hand at making belts. The first attempt, eh, not so much. Too squeaky. My second attempt - great! I mixed yarn and the vhs tape. It created a sturdier belt than just plain yarn and added a very cool shine from the vhs tape. It's in my studio, and I plan to make more in different sizes.

I've also found out that I absolutely suck at taking pictures. Even my 11-year old can take a clear picture. Mine come out fuzzy. It's not like I drink that much coffee. Maybe I'm just a spazzoid. I'm making the hubby man take my product pictures from now on.

I guess I'm done rambling for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips