Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Action Hero

So, yesterday I'm sitting at the computer tooling around on the Artfire forums and looking at some studios before my guests arrive. My husband is looking for a plastic bag to put something in and gets frustrated because he apparently cannot find one bag to use in a houseful of plastic bags. He starts mumbling something, and I hear him say something about Wal-mart bags.


Cut to slow motion scene in an action film:

The heroine (that would be me) screams at the offender while lunging to protect precious cargo - NOOOOOOO, NOT THOSE BAGS!


Disaster averted! He was reaching for the stash that I'm making a new beach bag out of (yes, I ended the sentence in a preposition). A bag that is half done and every blue & white bag in the house will be needed to finish it. He huffs away as I chase him to the pantry to show him the bags he can use -- sheesh! Frankly, he says that the last time he saw me move that fast a mouse was involved.


And so is life in my house. There are mommy's "good" bags, and the "ok to use" bags.

As the little shrimp in Finding Nemo said -- "True story."

1 comment:

  1. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO! SOOOO glad I've prepared for it and am wearing my Depends. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL OMG! You are way too funny! Glad you were able to avert the disaster! Hopefully he's learned his lesson that the pantry is where he should look for bags when he needs them LOL Looking forward to seeing the new beach bag with a story!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips